Friday, March 18, 2011

Sodium sucks

Last week I lost 3.5 lbs. I weigh in on Friday mornings. Well, this week, I had gained that 3.5 lbs back that I worked so hard for (5 days a week at the gym and an extra 55xx burned during those workouts). My measurements were up, too, a bit. I was NOT HAPPY.

I know that a lot of it had to do with the fact that I ate a few, ok, daily ate Smart Ones. That pre-packaged food is SO convenient but SO bad with the sodium content. I also didn't drink enough water and it probably didn't help that I ate a few pieces of chocolate chip cookie with icing...Yeah, I know.

But, I did my workout with my trainer and my friend and burned my 800 cals for the hour. For the rest of the night last night I just kept drinking. Water and "lemonade" flavored water...this morning I woke up and the scale was down 2.5 lbs. That was before the normal bodily functions.... I hope that tomorrow morning, it's down even more. I hate the fact that those things are so convenient, but obviously cause bloating and swelling with their sodium contents. BLAH. It's such a trade off.

I'm drinking more water. My trainer, N, thinks that I should drink a gallon of water a day. WHAT DA HELL? I will float away! lol. I also don't think that I can drink that much. My water HAS to be COLD. I mean, COLD. Like with ice particles/chips/whatever you want to call it. lol. Besides, Dr Pepper tastes so much better. :) I know, I know, that's a problem.

So today has been NO processed foods. Seeing that "gain", water weight or retention or whatever, was a smack in the face. I've got 34 weeks til my BFF gets married. I want to lose at least 70 lbs. That's totally doable at 2 lbs a week. Of course, I won't be at my goal weight, but close enough.

Anyway, here's hoping that this water intake helps float away some of the extra pounds this week. lol.

No comments: