Friday, June 17, 2011

Fitting in Online

Do you belong to any online boards or forums? I belong to a few. Some are supportive and some aren't. lol. Some boards are really friendly and others...it seems like they have their "groups". Can I say that? I mean, it's really kind of funny that not just in real life, but on the internet, you can tell who is who and who is in a clique.

When I was young, I mistakenly thought that once you were an adult, the judgments and the "popular crowd" etc would all go away...not true. Of course, being almost 34 (shh it's tomorrow) I don't care as much anymore like I did when I was 14. I've got more important things to worry about than who likes me or whatever else. (Of course, this has NOTHING to do with Blog Envy and how many people are following me or aren't following me. I'm a bit nervous about that. We will talk about that another time though)

I have just noticed on some boards that I frequent, that there are certain people who EVERYONE responds to or "talks to". KWIM? There is a board that I belong to that seemed to be a supportive board, but honestly, I don't feel I get support there anymore. I hardly ever post on it anymore because it seems that I, like a few other people, get skipped over. I think it shocked me at first when I realized it because I thought, really? This happens at my age? Most of these people are older than me, too and they are the ones who are doing it. lol.

I wonder if I am the only one who feels that way? Do you have any really good boards you belong to? Do you have one for mom things or for weight loss or financial issues or decorating or cooking?

I have support out in the real world, too. I have a great husband and therapist! lol. I have a Mom's group that I belong to and a few close friends.

Sometimes it's a lot easier for people to be more "REAL" online than in person... of course, it's easier for people to be meaner hiding behind a computer, too. lol.

I love Blog world. There are SO many things that are interesting to me and so many blogs to read, etc.

Sometimes fitting in online can be just as hard as fitting in in the real world...

No comments: