Friday, June 3, 2011

Catching up on everything

Wow! I just read about 2 weeks worth of blogs... well, skimmed most of them. lol.

I forgot to mention in my last post, Troy had his first ever ear infection. It hit him on Saturday. AFTER the Dr's office was closed, of course. Poor guy was crying in his sleep that night, even after numbing drops and a shot of the antibiotic. :( 

THEN on Monday, Hunter says his throat hurts...he just had this look on his face and I KNEW what was coming next. Sure enough, we go to the Dr on Tuesday and guess what??? STREP. This child of mine MUST be a carrier for it. I'm glad I took him in though because it gave me a chance to talk to the Pede about his "episodes". We call them "episodes", for lack of a better term. He gets dehydrated really easily and on Friday he had Field Day. It was 70 degrees out and he almost fainted. He said he started to see blurry colors, etc. I don't know if I blogged about this a few weeks back during his soccer game he did this as well. This also happened last year at a picnic. The Dr said to make sure he drinks, drinks and drinks some more TWO HOURS BEFORE he goes outside and then while he is outside, too. He said to give him something salty to eat as well, or let him drink Gatorade, since that has salt in it. Yeah, did you know that? That's why some people swell when they drink too much of it. (eh hem, pregnant women--what? yes, this happened to me.) He said that if he STILL looks like he's going to faint or says he can't see, to call him. This scares me to death. Heat exhaustion is nothing to mess around with.

Did I mention it's going to be in the 90s for the next few days? Oh yes, we went from somewhat "chilly" weather straight to hot as hell summer weather. CAH RAZINESS.

Am I the only mom who feels as if sometimes the kids are always sick? lol. Right now the older 2 are on antibiotics and I am grateful that the younger 2 did NOT get the strep. ::wiping sweat off my brow::.

Alright, it's midnight and I had better hit the sheets. Here's to a peaceful weekend.

No comments: