Monday, April 11, 2011

Saturday Strep


This weekend was a mess. Hunter had a soccer game (despite the MASSIVE amount of mud puddles on the soccer field...) on Saturday morning. My mom, dad, sister, and nephew came. Halfway through Hunter complained to the coach of not being able to see. When I walked over to get him off the field, he really looked like he was going to pass out. I made him sit down and put his head between his knees.

I then made him drink a LOT of gatorade and water for the next few hours. Around 5ish I took his temp and it was 102.4. YIKES. I called the Dr's exchange and the on call Dr said take him to the Urgent Care. Sure enough...he has Strep. AGAIN. This is the 2nd time in less than a month. I see a tonsillectomy coming in his future....I feel absolutely HORRIBLE for making him play soccer. I had NO idea he was feeling THAT bad. I NEVER would have made him play had I known.

But he has antibiotics in him and he was doing much better yesterday. However, this morning he thought he was going to get out of going to school. Nope. After 24 hrs on the meds they say you aren't contagious so....let's hope none of the other 3 kiddos get it either!

No comments: