Friday, April 22, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

My kids LOOOOVE Beef Stroganoff. I got tired of buying the Hamburger Helper stuff so I've made my recipe up. I'm sorry I don't have "Before" pics, but trust me, I make this enough I will add some later.

1-2 bags of Egg Noodles
1-2 cans of CONDENSED Cream of Mushroom Soup-thebig cans, not the little ones
2 lbs of ground turkey (or beef, whateva you like)
1 pkg of Au Jus seasoning
1 can of milk(use a half if you are only using 1 bag of noodles and 1 can of soup)

Brown the beef/turkey. Drain. Meanwhile, boil the noodles. When those are done, I take the Soup and pour it over the top of the noodles so the warm noodles kind of "melt" the soup. I then take 1 can of milk (if you are using 2 bags or 2 cans of soup) and mix that in with the 2 cans of soup. Add the Au Jus seasoning and stir. Then add the meat.

Viola!~ Magnifico! You are done! I like easy, low ingredient recipes. I DO season the meat while it's cooking though... pepper, a little Gourmet Burger seasoning via Weber's seasonings. The quicker the recipes, the easier it is. I'm THRILLED my kids like this.

No comments: