Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week of sickness

Just like the title says... Our oldest came down with a cold that has put him out of commission from last Friday until today. They were off of school Monday, so he missed 2 days of school this week. Our youngest son, Connor, is now completely sick. He has a cough, a fever, and has started CLICKING his teeth for the last 2 nights. It is LOUD. I mean, LOUD. He's never done that before so it's quite an experience. lol.

I am waaaaay behind on what I needed/wanted to do this week. I need to clean my crafty/den/computer/catch all room and haven't gotten to it. I have all of my new Partylite stock sitting in the room. Ok, I will be honest. My daughter has started stacking the candle boxes into 3 foot high towers...and then the towers fall....you get the idea.

The laundry is piling up on my dining room table, yes, that's right, doesn't your dining room table double as a laundry basket?

I am almost caught up in the kitchen, although I have yet to mop/steam/power wash the floor. It's been 2 weeks as of tomorrow...yikes. I missed the gym on Tuesday night and haven't gone at all during the day. Hey, I have sick kids that I'm not going to take to the daycare there so we can continue to spread the joy of germs around. :)

The bathrooms are at least cleaned. Well, the toilets anyway! :) 

It's another rainy day here in Missouri (or Misery) as some people call it. lol. BUT I am up. I'm waiting for my husband to get home and I think I may have to suck it up and go get a quick pickmeup. (STARBUCKS!) I need a lifeline! lol.

On another note, at least my kiddos aren't crabby even though they are sick. They continue to make me laugh and smile. In fact, my soon2be5 year old actually wanted to sit on my lap today. How can that NOT make you smile? My crafts can wait. The chores can wait. Everything else can wait but those few precious minutes of him sitting on my lap, with his head on my chest. <3

No comments: