Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

My kids had a blast. I made homemade Cinnamon Rolls. (Thank you Pioneer Woman)
I also made some heart shaped candies,

 
with mini-Snickers inside, some chocolate suckers and oh, I forget what else.

So these were great. I LOVE WILTON. I bought some candy molds and melted chocolate and filled the heart molds half way. I took a mini Snickers and cut it in half and placed it in the chocolate. I then filled the rest of the heart with melted chocolate. Put them in the freezer and a few mins later, VIOLA. The kids LOVED these. I made some with melted pink marshmallows, too. You know, pink for Valentine's Day and all.... Besides, they were from Xmas (the marshmallows) that hadn't been opened. I thought I could use those and the kids would love it. Mind you, there are still green trees left in that bag, so I guess I will make some for St Patty's Day or Mardi Gras. :) I LOVE Wilton.

I was a baking fool Saturday! But it was worth it. I took some of the rolls over to my parents' house on Sunday (the 13th) and they LOVED them. My mom completely appreciates the whole made from scratch bit. She also knew who the Pioneer Woman was! I was shocked, my mom is NOT an internet person, plus, I had NO idea she read any blogs or knew what a blog was. lol. Love you, Mom.

No comments: