Monday, August 22, 2011

Working on...

Getting together a 2 week meal plan list right now. I can't wait to do a MONTH in advance, but right now, I can only do 2. lol.

I have a bag of legs and thighs boiling on the stove. I am making Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I will post a recipe later. The kids LOOOOVE it and for the last couple of days have asked when we were having it again. :)

So far for my menu I have:

Chicken Noodle Soup (good for 2 nights)
Crockpot (CP) Salisbury Steak (good for 1)
Roast (good for 2 nights)
Roast beef and cheese sandwiches (see above)
CP Baked Potato Soup
CP Beef and Corn Chowder
Italian Spinach Meatballs (hello spaghetti!)
Meatloaf (using extra meat with Italian Spinach Meatball recipe)
Egg and Sausage Bake
Taco Bake
Chicken Chilli

I have to be honest, a few months ago is the FIRST time I have ever deboned a chicken. I used to think it was gross, etc, but I figured out how much cheaper it was to buy a chicken or a bag of things/legs than it was to keep buying breasts. Not that I still don't buy those. I do. I like to use them for MY chicken recipes. The kids love chicken thighs/legs just baked even so that's really good! $6 for a 10lb bag COMPLETELY works for me. :)

I have a few more nights to come up with. Maybe Sloppy Joes and Chilli 2 nights. We will see. I need to go through my pantry again and see what is in there....

Do you do "Mass Cooking"? or Meals for a Month? What are some of your tips?



No comments: