Monday, August 15, 2011

1st Day Back

Am I the only mom who is sad today? Lord knows there were plenty of days this summer where the kids drove me nuts, but somehow, sitting here in my den/computer room, I am saddened by the quiet. Yes, Team Umizoomi is on and Victoria is making a little noise, but I am not kidding, it is QUIET. 

I may go nuts after a few weeks of this. Maybe. On the other hand, I have all of these projects that are running through my head and I think, WOW, I actually MAY be able to get that done. 

Troy was all excited to go into school and I yelled, "hey! wait for Connor." so he turned around and walked back and both he and Hunter took Connor's hands and they all turned around and looked at me and I about died. I know, I know, this is one of the things we somewhat look forward to but it is here now and I am NOT liking it. lol. I was crying last night and Hubby looked at me and said, "I am going to order your straight jacket now for 2 years from now..." (when Tori goes to school).

You can give me a freak award. I get it. I do. I know some of you are sitting there with crying babies/toddlers/hubbies, etc and you are wishing for a moment of peace and quiet. I get it. I do. I have many days like that.  I am sure I will have many more moments and days like that. However, I can count on 2 hands how many times I have only had 1 child with me....


I am grateful for the time I get with my kids. We had an awesome week this week while Hubby was on vacay. I can't wait to post about that. For now, I have my Starbucks, my baby girl, and a brief moment to sit down and do what I want. lol.

No comments: