Thursday, January 13, 2011

Garland and Painting!

So the kids have been off of school since Tuesday because of the snow we got. Our schedules are completely thrown off. :( They went back to school today, but will be off again tomorrow and Monday! I almost wish they would've kept them out today anyway.

I have been soda free for about a week now, I think. That's HUGE for me. I've stuck to drinking tea, water, lemonade (Crystal Light) of course.

I made a Valentine Garland, but ran out of ribbon, so my garland isn't as long as I'd like. I just bought some more though at 50% off at Michaels'. That thing took me almost 4 hours to do. It's kind of tedious. lol. I love how it turned out!!!  I got the idea while I was at Michaels. I took some different colored/patterned "Valentine" ribbons and cut them into about 4 inch long pieces.





I bought some red cording and made that about 6 feet long, with 2 pieces of it together. You tie the ribbon with both pieces of cording together. At the end of the cording I made a loop so it was easy to "hang" or hook onto my fireplace.


 
I then took the ribbon and just tied them piece by piece in somewhat of a pattern and then would add a heart "ornament" every so often.
I have gotten so many compliments on this from FB friends, etc. I am working on an Easter one right now. I'm skipping St Patty's Day until Michaels' has that ribbon marked down! lol.

I need to get to work on my Kissing Balls this weekend. 

The kids went back to school this morning. I painted the den! lol. I ran out of paint for the trim at the top of the walls and I need to do a second coat. In a little bit I am going to go to Home Depot to get more of my CRISP AUTUMN LEAVES by Glidden for the den/living room. I love the color. When it's complete, I will take a pic of that as well. oooh here is a preview....



I have my Soft Suede for the Main Bath. I'm not sure how much I like it though. Maybe when it's a finished product I will be more in love. lol. I painted the foyer (and soon the loft will be this color, too) a Toffee Crunch by Behr. Behr is NOT my favorite paint product, I have to be honest. I think my favorite is actually Glidden. I used Glidden in my kitchen and dining room, too. It's a decent price and it's coverage is great, IMO.

Alright, off to do the bathroom.

3 comments:

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Very cute. I have a lot of ribbon and always buy it when it's on sale/clearance. You've given me a good idea on how to use some of it up.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Rachael said...

So neat! I love all the colors of the ribbon. Thanks so much for sharing on my linky party!

Screaming Sardine said...

That's very pretty. I like the addition of the heart ornaments.